BlackArts Racing - the 2015 - 2017 AFR CHAMPIONS!
Asian Formula Renault (AFR) is a one make race held in China and Malaysia, using French made Formula cars by Renault. It started 15 years ago in 2000. Many newcomers have successfully brought the champion trophy home winning the Asian Formula Renault.
AFR is a reference for young drivers hungry for a career at the very highest leve. It is a perfect step towards a professional career, nurturing professional drivers, coaches, and even a F1 driver.
A no-nonsense high-performance single-seater, the Formula Renault 2.0 has been designed to respond to a season budget cap, fair competition between drivers, excellent reliability and a performance potential that allows the very best drivers to shine. Providing significant scope for mechanical and aerodynamic adjustments, the FR 2.0 gives aspiring drivers every chance to learn. In prohibiting modifications to the engine and the ECU, among other parts of the car, AFR ensures identical performance for everyone.
The Championship is split in 2 classes, A for the new car and B for the previous generation, there are separate rankings and separate ceremonies.
- 2 F1 tracks: Sepang and Shanghai amongst others
- 6 race week-ends, 12 races
- At least 2 race week ends with a 40K+ live audience and live TV broadcast + traditional and social media
Formula Renault 2.0 (2013)
- Carbon Fibre Monocoque
- Renault F4R 832 - 4 cylinders - 16valves – 1998 cc engine RWD
- SADEV 7-speed sequential + reverse gearbox
- 210 bhp @ 7500 rpm – 505 kg
- 220 N.m. @ 7500 rpm
Formula Renault 2.0 (2004)
- Carbon Fibre Monocoque
- F4R FRS - 4 cylinders -16valves -1998cc engine RWD
- Dog-clutch box with 6 forward gears
- 192 bhp @ 6500 rpm – 490 kg
- 220 N.m. @ 5500rpm
BAR Racing Academy – drivers development
- Racing skills/techniques (make you a better, faster driver)
- Karting practice (keep your skills sharp with consistent karting)
- Physical training (get you in shape, and teach you proper workout routines/techniques)
- Dietary training (make your body a temple)
- Mental training (help you to always stay focused, IN and OUT of the car)
- Building your profile/image (proper social media campaigns, website design, Press release training, etc)
- Media training (how to execute interviews)
- Sponsorship (how to write a proposal, how to find sponsors, how to maintain a current sponsor, do’s and don'ts of approaching sponsors)
- mechanical knowledge (learn how a race car works, why it works, and how to fix it. learn to better communicate with engineers)
- Race team business (learn how a racing team operates from a business perspective)
- Development planning
Racing Package A Class
¥950,000 CNY per season - arrive and drive*
- Rebuilt Formula Renault 2.0/13
- entry fee (including Hospitality ticket for driver)
- 2 sets of slick tires per event (as per regulation)
- minimum 2 official practice per event
- engineering services plus access to historic data and track records of the team
- mechanical support: 1 mechanic dedicated to the car, 1 chief mechanic and 1 assistant mechanic shared for 2 cars
- 1 race engineer and driver coach support to share with other drivers
- all freight, customs clearance, inland transport of car and equipment as may be required
*Pre season testing required for BAR to qualify drivers to race
Price does not include:
- Damage to any part of the car, engine or gearbox that is caused by driver error, misuse or abuse
- all consumables (fuel, lubricants, and other liquids)
- all standard wear and tear parts (brake pads, brake discs, etc.)
- Driver International C license for racing
- FIA-approved personal race gear such as HANS device, helmet, etc.*
- Driver penalties, protests, appeals, etc.
- Refundable damage deposit of 80,000 CNY
- On-track insurance and personal insurance
- Personal driver costs such as accommodations, travel, telephone, etc..
- Private testing / extra practice sessions
- Extra set of tires and testing
*BAR is the sole distributor for BELL helmets and FREEM Italian made FIA approved racing gear and fire proof super lightweight custom race suits. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to purchase your own racing gear
BAR Racing Academy – testing
Testing for at least a day is required for BAR to qualify a driver to race
One day testing:
- One to one coaching with one of the best drivers in Asia
- Safety training, racing dynamics, car control, driving techniques, race craft
- Passing, traffic management
Formula Renault 2.0 (2013) – 15,000 CNY/day
Formula Renault 2.0 (2013) – 29,000 CNY/2 days
The above prices include: practice tickets, team to log your lap times and look after the car, full use of BAR clubhouse offering changing room, hot shower, resting area with beverages, 3x30mins driving sessions, professional instructor & data logging system, full racing gear.